Monday, June 28, 2010

Author Interview with Jess scott


http://jesscscott.wordpress.com/2010/06/28/author-interview-ami-blackwelder/


AUTHOR INTERVIEW, AMI BLACKWELDER


Author Interview #11, with paranormal and historical romance author, Ami Blackwelder!
Describe yourself in 5 words:
Corky. Smart. Funny. Creative. Kind.
Share a short excerpt and blurb of your work (10-100 words):
3 lovers. 2 species. 1 way to survive.
I am torn. Two halves dividing. I feel it deep inside. There is no escaping it, no denying it. My body aches with a pain too familiar.
My hands clutched the metal student desk in sophomore Biology class at Alaska University. Sweat dropped from my forehead in the air conditioned room. Chills rushed up my spine and I shivered in a brief moment only noticed by me. My long nails scratched the surface of the classroom desk. My class schedule appeared on the square shaped electronic device on my desk, beaming in and out of focus as my vision blurred:
Biology
English
Humanities II
Lunch
Calculus II
Ethics
Share an excerpt of your favorite author’s work (10-100 words):
From ‘Little Wolf Ranch’ by Belle Magnolia
([Jan 24 – Tues]
Ch 1 — Owl Prophet
Fierce and feral, half his face painted black, the other half white, with a whirlwind in yellow on his cheek, the eighteen-year-old Kiowa warrior charged his stallion across the frozen ground. Kuy Syan Joshua (kwee: wolf shawn: little) rode with twenty-four others in the raiding party, his rifle sending leaded death to the few freight wagons trying to outrun their attackers. His sixteen-year-old half-brother Blue rode beside him, his gun raised, his lethal intent clear.)
Comment on the writing versus publication process, in your experience:
Writing is creative. Publication is technical.
What is your definition of “good writing”?
Great description, dialogue and narrative. Honest words that make you love the story and characters.
Please share your #1 tip for writers:
Believe in yourself.
Your websites/blogs/etc: