Monday, January 16, 2012

Joana James



  1. What inspires your writing, your muse?
My Writing is inspired by the situations I see around me daily. My protagonist tend to be teenagers because for several years I worked with a youth group. I counselled teens going through horrible situations and these have found their way into my books. I write not only to provide entertainment, but to bring to light some of the ills of society. This is especially evident in my first book ‘Alana’. 
  1. If you couldn't write, what would you do?
If I can’t write, then I guess the next best thing is computing. They’re my second passion and also my day job. 
  1. Who is your favorite author? Book?
My favourite book is Piercing the Darkness by Frank Peretti, he is also my favourite Author 
  1. When did you know you wanted to be a writer?
I knew that I wanted to be a writer as a teenager in high school. I loved to read everything I could get my hands on. I would write short stories and dream of one day become a published writer. I tried to get published at age 18 but I never got the opportunity with Traditional publishers. I gave up and got a ‘real’ job. However, I never let go of the dream. 
  1. Have you gone the traditional route? Indie route? or both?
I tried the Traditional route, but it didn’t work out. When I got back into writing in 2010, self-publishing seemed like the best route. It was just way too time consuming to get a publisher to take my work seriously, and since I live in the Caribbean, just about everything had to be done online as there are no major publishing houses on my island. 
  1. What advice can you give for writers out there looking to promote?
I’d say to be patient; it takes time to build your reputation as a writer. First of all, focus on the quality of your book, present your best error free work to the public. Then, social networking is your friend so use it to your advantage. However, don’t spend the whole day spamming your Facebook friends or your twitter followers with links to your book. I’ve found that striking up a genuine friendly conversation with people yields the best results. 
  1. 7) Name three places readers can find you?
My Twitter Account: http://twitter.com/joana_james
  1. Tea or coffee?
Tea
  1. Morning or night?
Morning
  1. Cats or dogs?
Cats





Schedule:
January 14 - Meet & Greet at VBT Cafe' Blog
January 15 - Interviewed by Ami Blackwelder touch-of-grace
January 28 - Guest Blogging at Ashley's Bookshelf ashleywintters

February 2 - Review, Guest Blog & Giveaway at Cece's Garden of Reviews gothchiclove95
February 6 - Guest Blogging with Natalie Nicole Bates  natalienicolebates
February 6 - Interviewed at BK Media Entertainment Please choose time to call in - 2pm, 4pm, 6pm, 6:30pm EST and let me know
February 8 - Reviewed at All Things Books rockchick531

February 10 - Guest Blogging at Words I Write Crazy lpcoolgirl
February 13 - Interviewed with Louise James louisejames157
February 15 - Guest Blogging with Cindy Vine cinfam
February 17 -  Guest Blogging with Louise Wise  louisewise

1 comment:

Thank you so much for commenting!