M.C.V. Egan is the pen name chosen by Maria Catalina Egan the author of The Bridge of Deaths. Catalina was born in Mexico City, Mexico in 1959, one of eight children. From a very young age she became obsessed with the story of her maternal Grandfather, Cesar Agustin Castillo, mostly the story of how he died. She only spent her childhood in Mexico. Her father became an employee of The World Bank in Washington D.C.
From the early 1970s at the age of 12 she moved with her entire family to the United States. She was already fluent in Southern English as she had spent one school year in the town of Pineville, Louisiana with her grandparents. There she won the English award; ironically being the only one who had English as a second language in her class. In the D.C. suburbs she attended various private Catholic schools and graduated from Winston Churchill HS in Potomac, Maryland in 1977. She attended Montgomery Community College, where she changed majors every semester. She also studied in Lyons, France at the Catholic University for two years. In 1981, due to an impulsive young marriage to a Viking ( The Swedish kind, not the football player kind) Catalina moved to Sweden where she resided for five years and taught at a language school for Swedish, Danish, and Finnish businesspeople. She returned to the USA where she has been living ever since. She is fluent in Spanish, English, French and Swedish.
Mrs. Egan has worked for various companies and holds an Insurance license for the State of Florida. Not her favorite field but involves very nice folks and makes money!
Maria Catalina Egan is married and has one son, who together with their five pound Chihuahua makes her feel like a fulltime mother. Although she would not call herself an Astrologer she has taken many classes and taught a few beginner classes in Astrology. This is one of her many past times when she is not writing or researching.
She celebrated her 52nd birthday on July 2nd 2011 and gave herself self-publishing The Bridge of Deaths as a gift; she never submitted it to anyone prior to this decision and has enjoyed the very positive feedback.
The book was researched in archives in Denmark, UK, US and people interviewed in those countries as well as Mexico, this is documented with 200+ footnotes.
Four psychics using psychometry, a Peruvian Shaman, A Hypnotherapist and documented past life regressions were used.
The event being researched is an actual "mystery"
To protect anonymity of past life regression subject fictional character were created to tell the story and theirs is a journey of LOVE transcending more than one life.
Format: Paperback & E-book
Release Date: June 9, 2011
- M.C.V. Egan is not a McVegan, she loves to eat meat and mostly chicken
- M.C.V. is the Roman numeral 1,105 but it was just a coincidence that the author chose initials that added up to a very cool Roman numeral.
- M stands for Maria. C stands for Catalina. V stands for Vergara and Egan speaks for itself.
- Maria Catalina Vergara’s parents had 8kids and she is number 6 and the youngest female.
- Maria Catalina is Spanish for Mary Catherine.
- The author prefers to call herself Catalina on a daily basis.
- Catalina has a five pound Chihuahua named Taco Charley Egan, he is 10 years old.
- Catalina is fluent in four languages and she finds English to be her language of comfort and choice.
- The four languages are Spanish, English, French and Swedish.
- Catalina’s teenage son is a great artist in a wide variety of media.
- The Bridge of Deaths is a cross genre novel and it is in effect considered to cross four genres; Historical, Paranormal, Mystery and Romance.
- The Bridge of deaths is a real Bridge in Denmark.
- The Bridge was built in 1937 and The Danish government is considering tearing it down to meet the needs of today.
- Some of the files related to the story behind The Bridge of Deaths are still sealed.
- Sometimes the information for the book was found in such funny coincidental ways that the story behind the story is even a bit more Paranormal than the one in the book,
- The first psychic to help with information for the book saw the lettering on the wing of the airplane.
- The second psychic to help asked “Why do I see a bridge?”
- The Peruvian Shaman who helped find information has now become a Lakota Indian and lives in New Mexico.
- The book was originally going to have the title A Bridge of Death.
- Patience and two decades of dedication were the most important ingredients to accomplish the work that became, THE BRIDGE OF DEATHS.
March 1 - Author Spotlight & Excerpt at Mass Musings me WM
March 5 - Interviewed at BK Walker Books Etc. me BWBE
March 7 - Interviewed at Writing Innovations Ezine me WI
March 9 - Review & Spotlight at Books Are Cool author at booksarecool
March 13 - Book Feature at Authors Promoting Authors authorspromotingauthors
March 15 - Interviewed at Immortality & Beyond me IAB
March 19 - Reviewed at Words I Write Crazy lpcoolgirl
March 21 - Twitter Fiesta Choose a time to chat
March 23 - Guest Blogging with Cindy Vine cinfam
March 27 - Interviewed at From the Mind of Omegia okeeys
March 29 - Interviewed at Margaret's Paranormal Romance margaretwest
April 3 - Interviewed at BK Media Entertainment me
April 4 - Guest Blogging at Ami Blackwelder's Blog touch-of-grace
April 6 - Interviewed at Unnecessary Musings bms.beard
April 9 - Interviewed at Reviews & Interviews lisa at lisajjackson
April 11 - Reviewed at Ereading on the Cheap caitlavender
April 13 - Guest Blogging at AZ Publishing Services phultstrand
April 17 - Reviewed & Guest Blogging at MK McClintock's Blog mk at mkmcclintockmt
April 19 - Interviewed by Louise James louisejames157
April 21 - Guest Blogging at From the TBR Pile itsiest