Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Interview from Night Owl


NTERVIEW with Author Ami Blackwelder by Tamazon

Apr 20, 2011

The Hybrids of 2050 | Sci-Fi Paranormal Romance | Eloquent Enraptures Publishing | 978-1456344337 | March 2010
Alaska 2050 - Hybrids caught between two worlds. Shifters on the verge of extinction. Humans divided on either side.
Love and betrayal continue. Set in Alaska 2050, Melissa Marn and Bruce Wilder continue their work for the SCM under the hard, maddening General Raul. With military life now a cat and mouse game between Melissa and the General, the hybrids and the SCM, will she still have room for Bruce in her life? Will she ever see her twins again? After betrayal strikes the General for a second time, is Melissa safe?
Since the annihilation of the shifters, only two elders remain in Anchorage, and an uncertain future awaits the hybrids. Will Diamond overcome her heartache and loss and find a family with Unseen? When a human joins the team, will he prove to be trustworthy? Will Melissa aid the hybrids in their survival or will she deliver the ultimate betrayal?
With underlining themes of how prejudice breaks human connections and animal/wildlife conservation, this novel which has received rave reviews will leave the reader flipping through the pages.
Please tell us your latest news!
I was just picked up by Barnes & Noble at USF to stock my prints regularly on their shelves!
I'm also now available at all Barnes & Nobles and other bookstores, but the reader has to go to the front desk to order the book.
Of course I am also online at Amazon, B&N, Kindle, Nook
Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?
I really like E.J. Stevens at the moment. I like picking up Indie authors. I did read a lot of Imogen Rose and now I'm onto this new Indie author.
I like that she mixes mystery with paranormal...I think if she continued this series with a Nancy Drew feeling in each novel that would be a great continuing series, with a new mystery each book. But not sure how she is planning it.
Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?
I believe writers are born and usually begin writing very early. I myself had very long run on sentences when speaking at a young age and a vivid imagination. I wrote since elementary school.
What main genre do you write in?
Sci-Fi, Paranormal, Historical, Romance
Please describe your writing environment.
I write outside and by the pool and at my desk by the window. I generally like to write alone, but if on the patio table by the main pool with others swimming, I can write too...just so long as others don;t bother me with questions ....lol. I also like a good cup of tea to wake my brain.
What’s been the most challenging part of writing for you?
Promoting. Bah-Hum-Bug
Do you like to mix genres?
Yes. I mix Scifi and Historical. Scifi and Paranormal. I usually always add elements of Romance.
What book are you reading now? What are your thoughts on it?
I'm reading several - She Smells the Dead, Fallen, Mockingjay, and Switched.
E.J. Stevens wrote She Smells the Dead and kinda like a Nancy Drew with a paranormal twist. Original and fresh. Mockingjay is a let down for me...the third in the Hunger Games trilogy. I'm just not as into it anymore. Fallen, about angels. Wanted to try one. I actually thought i'd be more hooked then I am, but it is good. Switched. Loved the first chapter...still reading it.
Do you have any cool promo tricks you can share with other writers?
Promos: I would advise writers to utilize nook and kindle forums and find a few sites related to your genre that are strong sites and that you like yourself and stick with those for promos and blogging. Also try kindle nation...or kindle sponsorships.
Do you have any animals? Do they influence your writing?
Lotus, my Siamese cat, and yes he inspired the first book in Shifter Evolutions saga, The Hunted of 2060.
Signing Off: Ami Blackwelder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!