Thursday, July 19, 2012

Leslie DuBois Guest Interview


Book title: The Queen Bee of Bridgeton
Author:Leslie DuBois
Short Blurb:When fifteen-year-old Sonya Garrison is accepted into the prestigious Bridgeton Academy, she soon discovers that rich girls are just as dangerous as the thugs in her home of Venton Heights. Maybe more so. After catching the eye of the star, white basketball player and unwittingly becoming the most popular girl in school, she earns the hatred of the three most ruthless and vindictive girls at Bridgeton. Can she defeat the reigning high school royalty? Or will they succeed in ruining her lifelong dream of becoming a world class dancer?
Book link:http://ow.ly/bWlKC
When did you know you wanted to be an author? I was in elementary school when I won my first award for my writing. That just about sealed the deal for me.
Why do you Indie publish? My book The Queen Bee of Bridgeton was being held hostage by a major publisher for three years. They just wouldn't make a decision about whether they wanted to publish it or not. Finally, I decided to pull it and publish it myself. Best decision I ever made. I probably would still be waiting for them.
What inspired you to write your book? When I was little, I wanted to take ballet but we were too poor for lessons. My mother cleaned the dance studio in exchange for lessons for my brother, sister and me. In the Queen Bee of Bridgeton, Sonya is so determined to be a ballerina that she cleans the studio when she can't afford lessons.
What are three things you want people to know about you or your book?
1. The Queen Bee of Bridgeton is like Mean Girls meets Center Stage
2. The third book in the series will be out in August
3. There is a plot twist you will never guess
What advice do you have for parents to encourage their kids to read more? I personally like the movie game. If there is a movie coming out that is based on the book, require the kids to read the book before they are allowed to see the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!