Saturday, July 14, 2012

MJ Ware Guest Post


Book title: Super Zombie Juice Mega Bomb
Author: MJ Ware
Short Blurb: When life gives you lemons, kill zombies -- turns out lemon juice neutralizes the undead.

When did you know you wanted to be an author?
Who said I wanted to be an author? I just write because it's the best way to let loose the 12 y.o. boy trapped inside me. Seriously, I was a reluctant reader and try to write books that all kids will be able to enjoy, not just the avid readers.

Why do you Indie publish?
After Super Zombie Juice received 101 rejections from 100 agents (yes, one took the time to reject my book twice), I realized the agents just couldn't grasp the idea of kids running around, taking out zombies with Super Soakers.
Fortunately, kids have bigger imaginations than most agents.

What inspired you to write your book?
I love old zombie movies and wanted to write a book that had the same feeling as those old movies, with honest to goodness brain-eating zombies--but something that was kid safe--not as violent as the adult Zombie novels.

What are three things you want people to know about you or your book?
First, parents should know that there's no cursing, foul language, or excessive violence. And kids should know that's it's still full of zombie-whacking fun!
Strictly speaking I think that's four things--well I was never any good at math.

What advice do you have for parents to encourage their kids to read more?
Take the time to find the type of books kids will really enjoy. The Box Car Children and Hardy Boys just aren't going to cut it for today's kids (though, I love The Box Car Children).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!